Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Playing Chase

  
With Cream    

Thick velvet foam
frothy leavings   
churned by a wave
crashing against
solid
buttress of rock


morning latte's
signature topping
proffered gratis 
on the house
generous
talented
barista







Playing Chase 

Spreading over 
 sheet cake 
relic 
left over from
giant 
sand castle
play 

creamy frosting 
comes 
oozing thick towards me
tricking me
soaking me
playing chase
before knowing
 a game had started 


tagged!

looks like
I'm 
it

Will my shadow 
sit or run? 





2 comments:

  1. What a perfect poem for capturing Neoteny! Looks like you're having a blast...love you! And thanks for sharing. :)
    Em

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of how much you and the girls would love being here, Em.

    ReplyDelete

A comment, reply, idea, dialogue or conversation with you means so much. Thanks for the two way street thing.